Minimum Driver Requirements
Please review the following requirements and click on the “Apply Online” link at the bottom of this page. Only applications that meet or exceed the Minimum Driver Requirements will be accepted.
Minimum Driver Requirements:
- May require criminal check
- Safety minded individuals
- Can sufficiently speak the English language
- Can safely operate the type of equipment he/she will be assigned to drive
- Is physically qualified
- Has valid license to operate a commercial motor vehicle
- Provide KAS Staffing with an abstract and CVOR no older than 30 days
- Is not disqualified to drive
Additional Standards Set for our Drivers:
- Experience – A minimum of one year of recent¹ experience driving the type of equipment that the driver will be assigned to operate.
- Accidents – No accidents in the past three years in which the driver was convicted for a moving violation in connection with the crash or charged with responsibility for the crash – in any type of motor vehicle.
- Violations – No more than three moving violations in any type of motor vehicle in the past three years.
- Convictions – No convictions for any of the following offenses (in any type of vehicle) in the past ten years. These violations include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol (.05 or greater alcohol concentration, driving under the influence as prescribed by province law, or refusing to test)
- Driving under the influence of a controlled substance
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- More than one excessive speeding violation (15 km or more above the posted speed limit)
- Careless driving
- A moving violation in connection with a fatal accident
- Vehicular manslaughter or vehicular homicide
- Eluding a police officer
- Operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked license